Celebrate life and give a gift that matters with Blue Ocean Clay!
Never worry about what to give those you love for the holidays or when significant moments happen in life.
Never worry about your photos fading or your grandma's handwritten recipe being ruined in the kitchen.
Imagine a way to preserve baby portraits, sonograms, wedding portraits, wedding invitations, photos of your loved ones who have passed away, graduation portraits, family photos, family recipes, photos of your beloved pets, or handwritten notes from a loved one with one of the oldest forms of art known to man.
The possibilities are endless.
Each tile is made to order and handcrafted from a block of terra cotta clay. Your tile undergoes three separate firings in our kilns reaching temperatures over 1800°F.
Your image is sepia in tone and permanent after firing.
To learn how it's made, visit The Process page.
Display your tile by hanging it on a wall with a plate hanger or placing it on a flat surface with a plate display easel.
Tile Dimensions: 6”x 6” x 1/2"
Best Practices for Choosing Your Photo:
- The clarity of the final image on the tile depends on the quality of the photo you send.
- The higher resolution of the photo you send, the clearer the image on your tile will be.
- Professional photos, digital/film camera photos, and high-quality, in-focus smartphone photos work well.
- The best images to use of people and pets are close-ups of faces.
- If you can see the square pixels in your photo without zooming in, they will show up on your tile.
- If your photo is blurry, the image on your tile will be blurry.
- If possible, avoid sending pictures of pictures (a cell phone picture of a physical photograph). If you have a physical photograph or document (like a wedding invitation), scan it to create a digital copy to upload for the best results.
- The tile is square. Consider using a photo that has enough room around the subject of the image to be cropped with an aspect ratio of 1:1 (square) to fit the entire surface of the tile. Rectangle photos work fine. However, I find that square photos are the best.
- I will digitally edit/crop each image to try to create the best outcome.
- I may remove the background of the photo if it distracts from the subject of the photo.
Production and Shipping Information:
- Each tile is made to order. The process takes 2-3 weeks from start to finish.
- Expect to receive your tile in 3-4 weeks.
Because your tile is custom and one of a kind, we will not accept returns. However, if your tile is damaged in transit, please contact us for a replacement.
Some of the oldest pieces of art known to man are made from clay. Enjoy your special memory for years to come.
Crafted with care by,